Perret Associates is a consultancy offering market analysis and forecast as well as advisory services to companies active in the energy and commodity sectors worldwide. As such Perret Associates typical clients are companies and not individual users.
The Private Policy as well as Legal Terms below take into account the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that took effect on 25th May 2018.
The main information that Perret Associates stores from individuals working at companies are:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Employing Company
• Professional email address
• Professional phone number
Perret Associates collect information about a person working within an organisation in different ways:
• A person or his employer are using our services.
• A person requests a trial access to our products and services on behalf of his employing company.
• A person having requested a trial access to our products on behalf of a company provides to Perret Associates the details of additional users within that company.
• A person contacts us to request information about our products and services.
• A person registers to an event organised by Perret Associates.
• A person is introduced by a third-party partner of Perret Associates.
• A person contacts us from a social media account.
All personal information we might process about you is collected in a transparent manner and on a lawfully and fairly basis, because:
• A person is an existing customer whom we need to contact about contract related topics (“performance of a contract”);
• A person is an existing customer, to whom we want to send information about additional products and services, which we genuinely think might be of interest (“legitimate interest”);
• A person is a trial user, with whom we want to discuss the interest for the service currently tested ('”legitimate interest”);
• A person freely gave us its consent to use its personal data after Perret Associates explained how we are going to control this data, how we will contact the person, and the individual opted in for this information.
Usage of personal data
Due to the nature of Perret Associates’ activities, the access to our products and services is mainly provided at an enterprises level, with a defined number of users or licenses.
Hence, the personal data of an individual might be provided by either the individual or our contract partner at the individual’s employing company. The personal data provided by yourself or your employer or we already hold about you may be used to:
• providing you access to our web-based products and services;
• identify you when and how you use our services;
• identify when you contact us;
• informing you about improvements and product features for products and services covered by your respective enterprise license;
• carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling and create statistical and testing information;
• keep you updated from time to time about Perret Associates general developments and new products and services if you have given us your consent or this happens on a lawful basis.
Storage and transfer of personal data
Your personal data is stored and processed carefully and securely.
At the time of writing, Perret Associates is maintaining all the users data within the European Union. At some stage a partial or total transfer of this personal data outside the European Union might be necessary.
By providing his personal data to Perret Associates, an individual agrees to this transfer, storage and processing.
Perret Associates does its outmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken so that the personal data is stored securely.
Still the sending of information via the internet is not entirely secure and in some rare occasion, such information might be intercepted.
Perret Associates cannot guarantee the security of data that an individual chooses to send us electronically and the sending of such information is entirely at the individual’s risk.
When an individual provides us information on behalf of another individual, the former confirms that he has provided us with the information as set out in this Private Policy and that the later individual has not objected to the use of their details.
Individuals and enterprises that might use the information we hold about you (“processor of data”) might be:
• Third-party analysis providers analysing the performance of contract-related information.
• Providers of software and systems managing customer and contract-related data.
• Legal or regulatory entities, if we have been officially asked to provide this information and it is our legal obligation to do so.
• Legal or regulatory entities in case of a legal proceedings.
Analysis of user’s behaviour
Perret Associates might gather anonymous and confidential information to analyse the traffic of the external parts of its website, accessible to non-register users. Such data might be used for instance to change the layout of a specific section of the website.
Perret Associates might gather information about an existing user’s typical behaviour after he has logged in to our website or after reception of information sent by Perret ,Associates, typically in the form of emails.
For more details please see our Cookies Policy.
A cookie is a piece of text that is stored on your computer by your web browser.
This means that when you go back to our website, it can give you tailored options based on the information stored after your last visit.
Such cookies let you move around our website and support essential features like secure areas.
They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes, such as remembering where you have been on the internet.
If you disable these cookies your experience of our website may be affected, and we may not be able to provide some services to you.
The web cookies may be our own or from our approved partners.
Performance cookies collect information about how existing client use our website such as which are the most visited pages, or any particular or systematic error that might be occurring.
These cookies are anonymous and do not collect any personal information that could identify the user.
They are only used to help us improve the performance of our website, better understand the main interests of our users or measure the effectiveness of marketing.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings (for instance layout, text size, font, and other customizable parts of our web pages) to improve your experience.
Functionality cookies will for instance help to improve your experience with survey offers, web chat session offer, display your settings, identifying you as being logged in to our website.
The information these cookies collects may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We provide you with the opportunity to manage web cookie used on perretassociates.com.
Client’s rights to access / change his data
A user might request to access its personal data and obtain a copy of the data which is being processed by Perret Associates.
In addition, a user may request to change, update or complete its personal data by contacting: email@example.com.
A user may at any time withdraw his consent to our processing of personal data. In this case, if there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing of your personal data and the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will erase the client’s data.
In which case, the client will not be able to use any service that requires our use of your personal data.
We keep personal data primarily for identification, I.e. access to our services and products. Personal data is stored no longer than is necessary.
A client can request that we restrict the usage of his personal data in any of the following events:
• the personal data we hold is incorrect;
• there is no legal basis for us to process the personal data and the client asks that Perret Associates restricts the personal data from further processing;
• Perret Associates no longer requires the personal data but the client claims that he requires Perret Associates to retain such data to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims;
Please direct any such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usage of the website by children
This website is not intended to be used by individual below 18 years old. If you are younger than 18, you shall not register or ask us for authorisation to register on our website.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other sites of our partners or recommended suppliers.
Perret Associates is not responsible for the privacy policies of these other sites nor the accuracy of any of the information provided on those websites.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Legal information, Disclaimer, Copyright, Intellectual Property
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purposes of providing general information about Perret Associates Ltd.
1. The information contained on this website (“Information”) includes, without limitation, information contained in press releases, annual or interim reports, audio webcasts, video interviews, transcripts, presentations at conferences or for companies.
Such Information as well as other financial information do not constitute advice or an offer to deal in any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. Past performance is no guide to future performance and persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser.
2. The Client acknowledges and irrevocably agrees that:
• No assurance, representation or guarantee has been given to it by Perret Associates in connection with the assets of the user or their performance, whether in connection with the user receiving Information from Perret Associates or otherwise.
• Even if Perret Associates will act to the best of its knowledge, experience and expertise, it is only providing Information to the user but is not responsible nor liable to the user or any person for any loss or damage arising from the implementation of (or the failure to or determination not to implement) (whether by the Client or otherwise) such Information.
3. Perret Associates has taken care in the preparation of the content of this website. The Information presented is believed to be reliable but is subject to change at any time without notice. To the extent permitted by law, Perret Associates disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
4. Perret Associates will make its outmost to make sure the Information provided is correct. Still it does not represent that the Information is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete. Perret Associates shall not accept any liability for the lack of accuracy or completeness of the Information.
5. Some links in this website might lead you to websites which are not under the control of Perret Associates. When a user activates any of those links, he will leave the Perret Associates website. Perret Associates has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any other website.
6. If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
7. The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Perret Associates. No copying or forwarding of such material is authorised unless approved in writing by Perret Associates. In any case and not withstanding the necessary authorisation from Perret Associates, the usage of Perret Associates’ material is subject to the following conditions:
• the material may only be used for non-commercial purposes;
• the copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; and
• the products, technology or processes described in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Perret Associates or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual prope4rty rights. Images on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written authorisation of their respective owner(s).
Intellectual Property Rights: means copyright, patents, rights in inventions, rights in confidential information, know-how, trade secrets, trade marks, service marks, trade names, design rights, rights in get-up, database rights, rights in data, mask works, models, domain names, rights in computer software and all similar rights of whatever nature and, in each case: (i) whether registered or not, (ii) including any applications to protect or register such rights, (iii) including all renewals and extensions of such rights or applications, (iv) whether vested, contingent or future and (v) wherever existing;
Perret Associates owns the Intellectual Property Rights of all the material contained on its website unless otherwise stipulated.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Application who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Application as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.